These days it is all about quick, healthy, easy and hopefully still delicious. Sometimes simplicity just works.
I had some leftover grilled chicken in the fridge, but you could also use Tofu in lieu of chicken which would be equally as tasty.
2 c brown rice pasta
2 precooked grilled chicken breasts OR Tofu, cubed
12 spears fresh asparagus, chopped
2 c fresh sweat peas
1/2 lemon, juice only
Zest of 1 lemon
1/2 tbsp chili flakes or red pepper flakes
1 1/2 tbsp avocado oil
Sea Salt and Pepper, to taste
1. Cook rice pasta until al dente, about 7 minutes or so.
2. Cube the pre-cooked chicken (or tofu), chop the asparagus.
3. Strain the pasta. Reduce heat to very low, and add pasta back to the pot, along with the chicken (or tofu) salt, pepper, avocado oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, and child flakes. Stir to combine.
4. Warm on low heat for about 6-7 minutes, or until the chicken (or tofu) is warmed through.
5. Remove from heat. Stir in the fresh peas and chopped asparagus. Serve right away.
I love leaving a little bit of this dish raw, because the fresh crunchy flavours of the peas and asparagus this time of year are just unreal. I superbly enjoyed this, as simplistic as it was!