I meant to post this yesterday but somehow got stuck in my drafts! Oops! That’s “Lyme Brain” for you!!
Joan this post is dedicated to you, what an amazing app that you shared with my mom and I!
I used to be an avid juicer (in my “healthy” days) and when I had the energy for it. This in combination with a healthy diet and lifetstyle can literally change a person’s life. I remember the first time I went on a raw food diet and started juicing and drinking smoothies years ago. I have never ever felt better. It is incredible.
Here are some of the benefits that regular juicing can have as per Mercola.com:
- Juicing helps you absorb all the nutrients from the vegetables. This is important because most of us have impaired digestion as a result of making less-than-optimal food choices over many years. This limits your body’s ability to absorb all the nutrients from the vegetables. Juicing will help to “pre-digest” them for you, so you will receive most of the nutrition, rather than having it go down the toilet.
- Juicing allows you to consume a healthier amount of vegetables in an efficient manner. Virtually every health authority recommends that we get six to eight servings of vegetables and fruits per day and very few of us actually get that. Juicing is an easy way to virtually guarantee that you will reach your daily target for vegetables.
- You can add a wider variety of vegetables in your diet. Many people eat the same vegetable salads or side dishes every day. This violates the principle of regular food rotation and increases your chance of developing an allergy to a certain food.
Plus, it limits the number of different phytochemicals in your diet, as each vegetable will offer unique benefits. With juicing, you can juice a wide variety of vegetables that you may not normally enjoy eating whole.
Additionally, juicing can help:
- Promote weight loss. In one study, adults who drank at least eight ounces of vegetable juice as part of a diet lost four pounds over 12 weeks, while those who followed the same diet but did not drink the juice lost only one pound. The vegetable juice drinkers also significantly increased their intake of vitamin C and potassium, while decreasing their overall carbohydrate intake.
- Boost your immune system by supercharging it with concentrated phytochemicals. Raw juice also contains biophotonic light energy, which can help revitalize your body.
- Increase your energy. When your body has an abundance of the nutrients it needs, and your pH is optimally balanced, you feel energized. Since it can be utilized by your body immediately, those who juice report feeling the “kick” of energy almost instantly.
- Support your brain health. People who drank juices (fruit and vegetable) more than three times per week, compared to less than once a week, were 76 percent less likely to develop Alzheimer’s disease, according to the Kame Project.
Here is where the app that Joan shared came in handy. It is called 101 Juice Recipes by Joe Cross (You know, from the documentary Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead) Get the app Here.
You can navigate by ingredient, category, health condition, or simply an index of all the lovely recipes. This app is worth every last penny. It makes life so simple. I highly highly recommend this! Thank you Joan!!!
I am going to do a second post with how I juiced.
Do you juice? Do you have a go to recipe? Has it helped you? Please share!