Today and the past few days I have been having a very hard time keeping any food down, but knew that I needed some form of nutrition and hydration.
This simple chicken broth with some rice noodles were easy on my tummy and I was actually able to keep it in me 🙂
There are many benefits to both broth. Please see this link shared with me by Laura. Next time I will be adding apple cider vinegar and garlic! Benefits of Bone Broth
Sorry for the lack of pictures, this is a bit of a slacker post, as I have been extremely unwell and barely able to function.
You will need:
8 c water
6 full chicken legs (skin removed)
4-6 carrots, scrubbed, cut into chunks
Broccoli stalk and leaves (washed)
8 large sprigs of parsley
1 large onion, chopped into chunks
3 bay leaves
1. Place all ingredients in a large stock pot, and cover with your 8 cups water.
2. Bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat to low, simmer for 2-3 hours, or until chicken falls off the bone. (Add a little extra water if too much evaporates from simmering.)
4. Turn heat off. Remove chicken legs from broth. Use tongs to remove chicken pieces for adding back later. Keep aside.
5. Strain the broth through a fine sieve into another large pot. Discard the strained ingredients.
6. Add salt to taste at this point.
Since I have a very uneasy stomach right now, I only added rice noodles to my broth, or sipped it plain.
You can add cooked chicken or any other veggies you like and use this broth as a soup base.