Why take a detox bath? Oh so many reasons! One of which being the fact that it eases headaches which are the plague that has followed me for the past 3.5 darn years.
Some benefits of Detox Baths:
Ease stress and relax the body
Relieve pain and muscle cramps
Help muscles and nerves function properly
Help prevent hardening of arteries and blood clots
Make insulin more effective
Eliminate toxins from the body
Everyone can benefit from a detox bath. Especially if you suffer from Chronic Illness or Lyme Disease, detox baths can be great, BUT please go slow and check with your doctor before trying anything like this. Detox baths have been known to cause a herx. So please proceed with caution!!!
HERE IS ONE OF THE DETOX BATHS THAT I DO:
- Start to draw your bath, not TOO hot, but enough so that you will break a sweat.
- Drink 1 tsp tri salts in 2 cups of water before you get in the bath.
- Pour yourself a large glass of water to sip while in the tub. Also prep another glass of water with tri salts as above to drink after the bath.
- Add Baking Soda, *H2O2 and Epsom salts to your bath, allow to fill up all the way, and then swish around to make sure everything has dissolved. (You want to be careful with the 35% *H2O2, as it can burn your skin if not diluted properly!)
- Get in the tub and immerse as much of your body as possible under water. Be careful not to touch face or eyes with the water because of the *H2O2. Set a timer for 10 minutes.
- If you are ok after 10 minutes, set the timer for another 10.
- Drain bath water and don’t get up until the water has completely drained. Use this time to drink another 1 tsp tri salts in 2 cups of water.
- Once the bath has drained, slowly and carefully stand up. Rinse off with soap and cool water. You want to wash away all those toxins your body just worked so hard to sweat out.
- Relax for 15 minutes or take a short nap if you need to following your detox bath. Be sure to continue to stay well hydrated!!!!