You know like hamburger helper except not from a box…and turkey…and rice pasta Haha..
I debated on posting this recipe because I usually don’t post my “throw together” dinners that are kind of boring, but this simple recipe was really delicious. I don’t have many pictures for this one, so excuse the lack of creativity in this post.
I am hoping it will be forgiven because of the simplicity and deliciousness of the end result 🙂
This recipe is pretty flexible, as I kind of threw in the amounts that I had on hand. Feel free to make it your own and add as little or as much of the ingredients listed!
1/2 package Brown rice pasta
1 package extra lean ground turkey
1 tsp ghee
Soft Goat’s cheese (about 4-6 oz)
Dried oregano, to taste
Dried basil, to taste
Sea salt, pepper to taste
Grape tomatoes, a dozen
Kale, chopped with stems removed, about a cup
Garlic (a few cloves, minced)
Onion (sweet), chopped
- Cook rice pasta and set aside (according to package instructions, usually about 6-7 minutes and rinse with cold water afterwards)
- Heat ghee and add turkey, spices, salt and pepper. Cook until turkey is no longer pink.
- In a separate pan, cook garlic and onions in a little oil until caramelized and browned (it will get a little thick and become sweeter in taste)
- Add goat’s cheese, tomatoes and kale to turkey. Cover and let simmer until tomatoes soften (this won’t take long)
- Add caramelized onion and garlic. Simmer, covered for about 10 minutes.
- Combine meat mixture with the rice pasta and serve immediately.
Again, I didn’t plan on posting this so it is lacking in the picture department! But the flavours were wonderfully delicious and creamy.
Can you tell our go to for a lazy night is turkey mince and rice pasta? That…or poached eggs on toast…lol
I hope you enjoy as an easy weeknight dinner!